Üdvözöljük a Magyar Vallástudományi Társaság honlapján!
Call for Papers
The Hungarian Association for the Academic Study of Religions (HAASR) is pleased to announce its annual conference for all disciplines but particularly for professors, scholars and Ph.D. students of religious studies at universities and other institutions of higher education.
Religious phenomena are considered in the perspective of the age “after Auschwitz”, an expression coined by Hans Jonas and further elaborated by J. B. Metz. The conference tries to develop the insights of these scholars and investigates various aspects of religious phenomena “after” and in the light of Auschwitz (suggested topics to which panels and papers may relate):
· religious studies
· contemporary theistic philosophy
· problem of evil and suffering in history
· historical understanding of religious phenomena
· “history” of the history of religions
· theoretical and/versus historical approaches
· the global future of religion: theories that make sense of religion in the modern world
· challenges of contemporary theories and movements for established religions
· public representation of religion
· theories of culture as theories of religion
Proposals for papers and panels may be submitted via email:
The deadline for the submission of proposals and communications is 30th September 2014.
The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 15 October 2014.
Papers and panels are accepted in English, German, Italian, Spanish and Hungarian.
Each keynote lecture will be given 40 minutes. (Keynote speaker: Prof. Balázs M. Mezei, other keynotes will be announced later.)
Each paper will be given 20 minutes with 10 minutes’ discussion.
For more information see the website of the conference:
"Aki csak egy vallást ismer, egyet sem ismer"
the Science of Religion
Vallások - linkek
Új vallási mozgalmak
Honlapunk látogatottsági statisztikája:
Copyright (c) Magyar Vallástudományi Társaság - 2007